Times of India: "Sophisticated online financial planning software" --> FREE Limited time offer: Sign Up Now
HR Zone » Human Resource Management » What makes HR industry a female oriented industry?

  5 Replies

Vote Vote
What makes HR industry a female oriented industry?
Pankaj Picture
8 Posts
back to top
Posted 13-02-2019Reply

We often see a lot of females entering the human resource industry, but somehow this percentage reduces at the top level. Is there something we are missing on?

Talentpro Picture
7 Posts
back to top
  Rated 0 | Posted 27-02-2019

Women are the majority of HR departments of most businesses. Women HR officers had replaced a male mandatory as an HR head in over 60 % cases. The CHRO (Chief HR officers) position was usually held by a male employee. Interestingly, only 15 % among these women have risen vertically to become CHRO’s, the remaining 85% of these movements were external hires.

Debora Picture
31 Posts
back to top
  Rated 0 | Posted 17-06-2019

In the corporate departments, the number of women employees is going up. This is a significant scenario that reveals the improved status of women in the 21st century. It signifies the actual meaning of ‘women empowerment’. We can observe their existence in every department be it sales, finance or marketing. However, HR (Human Resource) is one function in which women dominate. According to a research, women hold over 60% of the HR jobs across various industry segments. It means they are ahead of men in the HR field.
1. People Management Skills
2. Comprehending Skills
3. Multitasking Skills
The reason is – Visibility. They believe HR profession would provide them more visibility than other sectors such as marketing, finance etc. The reason why they feel HR as the right industry as far as visibility is concerned – the role they play in attracting and retaining people, communicating with them and creating policies. These activities keep them in front of people all the time. Also, women feel HR is a more meaningful profession as decisions here impacts lives of many people.

Radha Picture
3 Posts
back to top
  Rated 0 | Posted 30-09-2019

Females are generally good in counselling, Making discipline and Creative to conduct Enagement Activities in Organization.

Webgurukul Picture
1 Posts
back to top
  Rated 0 | Posted 09-10-2019

Each time, the HR industry does not come with gender-specific. But most of the time preference given to a female in the HR industry as their management skill is really amazing.

Amar Picture
3 Posts
back to top
  Rated 0 | Posted 01-11-2019

Yes, the HR industry prefers only female. The biggest thing is HR handles all the problems between an employee and the company. In that case, some people are so loud because of their anger. Because of females people control their anger and talk softly, I think that's why the industry hires only females so the company not getting any loud activity or voice and people to talk softly and listen also.

Vote Vote

Recently in HR Forums

Hitesh posted a new forum topic in
Arun posted a new forum topic in
Recent (10) | HR | Both
HR | Both   1 of 10
Read this topic:
Joke ####@@@####